"Destructo" is Peter's Alias

I fear that Peter has a villainous alter-ego known as "Destructo"-- at least that's how it feels at times. In the last two weeks alone he shattered my cheval mirror (talk about 7 years bad luck. . .), a drinking glass and pulled a wall cabinet off the wall of the bathroom-- in the process breaking two ginger jars and an elaborate tealight holder that was a gift from my sister-in-law.

It's not as if I wasn't around when these thing happen-- they just happen so quickly you can't stop them.

And each time something like this happens, I become a little more jaded about whether we will ever have a nice looking house. On the plus side, our house is already a fixer-upper and while we've completed most of the exterior work and many interior problems, most of the cosmetic issues are still outstanding. This is probably a good thing. Since I tore a small hole in the wall looking for a junction box for the phone line (only to discover that the builders put a metal electrical box on the wall stud but nothing else) and haven't patched it yet and my kitchen ceiling has leaked countless times because of the flooded bathroom, I am no longer concerned about whether anything looks nice-- at least not today. I might be tomorrow or next week but definitely not today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi
I have a son who is nearly five and has very recently been dianosed with PDD-NOS. he is a very bright little guy, and affectionate with me, but in a lot of ways, he is very much at the dvelopmental stage his two older sisters were at when they were three. And talk about detructive! I can spend a few hours cleaning up his room, only to have him tear it apart in five minutes. He loves to rip things up, take things apart, but he also loves to build complicated items with his sets of gears, blocks, etc. My dad always says he can see my son growing up to be an engineer someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress