No Synostosis Worries for Nathan

I completely forgot to mention that I spoke with Dr. Tye's office about Nathan's head. He does not have synostosis of the sagittal suture.

When I was reading up on synostosis, I found out that it can be genetic in nature so, being paranoid at this point in time, I checked Nathan's head. I found that he also has a ridge up his forehead indicating early closure of the metopic suture. So I took him to his doctor who ordered X-rays and you can see the ridge leading to the anterior fontanelle but I couldn't tell past that point what was going on. (It didn't help that Nathan was uncooperative during the X-rays). The X-rays were sent to Dr. Tye (who at this point must be an expert in wiggly-child X-rays) who assured me that Nathan did not have closure of the sagittal suture like Peter does. Whew! Talk about relief! Worrying about Peter is enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress