Jeremy's Surgery

A little over a week ago, a perfect stranger e-mailed me to ask me to please get a second opinion about Peter's surgery. Well, you don't just shrug off something like that. You think, "Okay, as much as I like Doctor So and So or the the CF Team at Such and Such Hospital, maybe, just maybe, God is shouting in my ear."

So, with her encouragement, we've set up an appointment with Dr. Ben Carson at Johns Hopkins (I mean, really, how do you top one teaching hospital? Go to another.) We have an appointment with him on May 9th, the only problem is he doesn't take our insurance so at this point we're paying for the appointment out of pocket ($276.00) and hope our insurance covers part of the bill. Either way we'll get his expert opinion and go from there.

In case you are interested, the woman who e-mailed me has a 16-month-old son with metopic suture closure. His operation is going on as I write this and I hope Jeremy will be out soon with a round head-- albeit with lots of swelling-- and that his developmental delays will be alleviated or even eliminated. He had a great deal of intra-cranial pressure so reconfiguring his vault (what surgeons call the skull) will give his brain the space it needs and relieve this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress