Friday was Stinky but Today was Okay

For the first time, Peter's speech therapist heard him use a full sentence with the first person pronoun. ("I want to play with the ball more.") He's done that at home but I would say only 5 percent of the time. The rest of the time he uses questions to prompt the listener into doing what he wants which he then answers. As in:

Peter: Do you need more help?

Peter: Okay.

Mommy: Peter, do you need help?

Peter: Okay.

Mommy: Peter, can you say, "I need help, please"?

Peter: Yes, please, I need help.

As I've mentioned before, Peter tends to incorporate new behaviors a little more each day until he's doing something almost 100 percent. I hope in a year we'll be able to look back and see that the third person questions are a thing of the past.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress