The Need for Openess

Autism can be very isolating for the parents of these special children. My husband and I have to make an effort to be kind and loving to each other. We don't often get to go out on dates so we have to make the best of the time we have together. Whether it means a movie night while the kids are supposed to be going to sleep or spending a few minutes every day really talking to each other, we have to have that time together so that we don't feel isolated from each other.

My husband's job keeps him away nearly all day between work and his commute so I have the kids most of the day by myself. During the school year this isn't so bad-- the day is split up into many different activities. However, come summer, I have to come up with some creative ways of entertaining three kids without breaking the bank or causing a county-wide state of emergency.

Most of all, I have to manage to keep my sense of humor and my sanity most of the summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress