Random Acts of Illness

Friday seemed to start out fine but then I received a phone call from my sister saying that my daughter's school had been trying to reach me. Gabrielle was sick and my sister was on her way to pick her up.

While this was happening, Nathan was exhibiting signs of a fever but showed no other symptoms. When I checked his temperature later, he had a fever of 103 degrees. Strangely, Peter remained healthy throughout all of this and both Nathan and Gabrielle were sick only for about 24 hours.

Despite these random illnesses, Gabrielle was recovered and well by the time of her Tae Kwon Do belt graduation yesterday. She did very well and received her red belt (decided) which is her last color belt. In eight weeks she will test for her "black belt recommended" (it's actual color is a red stripe/black stripe) so she can beginning training for her black belt.

Peter is doing well with his potty-training. We still have "oops" moments but that's the same with every child. I spoke with Gabrielle's Tae Kwon Do instructor about enrolling Peter in a year. They mainstream the special education students so Peter would have to enroll on a trial basis to see if he is able to follow directions and take instruction. I'm hoping in a year that he will be able to fully participate in such a class (or at least enough). He could certainly use the focus such training would provide. And the self-defense aspect would make me very happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress