A Day Like No Other

Yesterday had to rank in my top ten "worse personal days" of all time.

Nathan's diaper was dirty when I picked him up at school. His teachers change diapers right before it's time to leave but I was running a couple of minutes late. (I had picked up juice boxes for his class picnic next week.) And the interim between when they changed him and before I picked him up was apparently just enough time for him to dirty the clean diaper. This would have normally been okay but Peter was "helping" on Wednesday and took my spare diapers out of the car and carried them in the house.

I put Nathan in his seat but he fought me because he wanted to "drive." He slumped out of his seat and that was when I discovered that he was not a little dirty but a whole lot of dirty and it was on his carseat and carseat buckle. I had no diapers and only a clean shirt for him so I stuck him in his sister's booster seat (her's is easier to clean) and drove him home. Once home, it took an hour to clean him and the car up.

Later, Peter, Nathan and Gabrielle each made very specific, very big messes. Gabrielle left milk out and Peter poured it on the floor. This of course happened while I was cleaning two of Nathan's messes. Gabrielle left her dinner plate out and Nathan had carried it off and had gotten syrup all over the couch (Peter wanted pancakes last night so. . .we had pancakes) then Nathan wanted everything out of the toy box. While I was cleaning the couch, Nathan was pulling all of the toys out of the toy box-- he would look at them for a moment and then throw them on the floor.

Gabrielle, meanwhile, was playing with friends in the front yard and they all decided that it would be neat to open my papers (I get two) and spread them on the lawn or something. I opened the door to give her a ten minute warning to come inside and to ask her to bring me my newspapers and instead discovered the papers in a very messy pile on the front porch. I asked Gabrielle to bring them inside and she did. She piled them up on top of the toys Nathan had thrown on the floor right inside the front door. Oh, and she was wet from head to toe because one of the little boys she was playing with dumped a watering can on her head.

And daddy came home and walked through the back door.

LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress