Hug Them and Don't Let Go

A story today on Breitbart tells the tragedy of a one-year-old little boy who died yesterday when his father left him in the car instead of taking him to day care. Timothy Reid's father found his son seven hours later when he returned to his car with the intention of picking up his other children from school.

Timothy was pronounced dead at the scene and the internal temperature of the car was 142 degrees.

I cried and cried. I feel for his father but I have a terribly vivid imagination sometimes and I cried knowing that Timothy must have been scared at being left alone for so long. He likely fell asleep as the temperature rose and became unconscious before dying but somehow my imagination gets stuck with the first part.

It makes me want to hug my children all the harder and be grateful all the more for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress