Ouch!

Having autism does not mean that my sons aren't smart. Having autism doesn't mean my sons can't be sneaky.

Case in point.

Peter and Nathan, like most kids with autism, are fascinated with water. To put it another way, between discovering we had a leaky toilet and the boys' obsession with water, my water bill over the last couple of months has been $200. Normally it's around $25.

Let's just say I'm thinking about chaining the bathroom doors shut-- from the outside.

This morning, Peter snuck upstairs to the scene of last week's crime (remember the overflowing sink and my leaking kitchen ceiling?) and began running water. I sensed rather than heard what was going on and ran upstairs to see what mess he was making. As I walked into the hall from the stairwell, Peter rushed at me, squealing, and began pushing me away from the bathroom (where the water in the sink was running). As I pushed past him, I hit the wall or something with my foot and I am now wondering if my second toe is broken. It has slowly been turning purple and swelling. Now the perky pale pink polish on the nail looks like it lacks respect for the rest of toe.

I did, however, manage to avert yet another catastrophe involving water. I limped to the bathroom in time to turn the water off before it cascaded down the front of the sink cabinet. I closed the door and blocked it with a very large and full laundry basket (never thought I would appreciate laundry day quite so much).

Peter was mad at me but as I told him-- c'est la vie.

Comments

Maddy said…
c'est moi aussi! Only discovered the bidet !!! Oh what larks - and yes, about the only time I can ever recall being pleased to have a full hamper of dirty laundry to soak up the water. I think we must be the only family in America stupid enough to have a bidet.
Cheers
Mcewen, I laughed and laughed when I read your comments about the bidet. I could only imagine the trouble your two caused!

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress