The End of School

The end of the school year is always bittersweet. Teachers give so much of themselves over the year in an effort to teach our children.

Nathan's teacher was crying already when I dropped him off this morning and when I asked why (since it was the beginning of class and not the end) she said she realized that it was last time she would help this particular set of children off their buses. The two-year-olds move up and stay in the preschool 3 and 4 year-old class for at least two years but Nathan's teachers get them for only a year before they move on.

I'm a little emotional myself. I realize that this is the last time Nathan will be in this particular class and his teachers have done so much for him. He has mastered a number of areas that were considered seriously deficient only last summer.

To each teacher who sacrifices your time and energy to help our children, thank you. I don't know if you realize how much we appreciate what you do. Our gifts of thanks at the end of the year really don't say enough.

I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said, "I am a part of all whom I have met." Each teacher leaves a mark on every child. You have helped to challenge them and to open up a door to a world that before now they didn't have the keys to. So it is heartfelt when I say thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress