Peter Is At It Again

What is up with the water obsession?! Everytime I think I've manage to control this, Peter and/or Nathan find a way around whatever I've used to block or impede their access to water.

Peter (who is, of course, more mobile than Nathan so more likely to cause problems with water) found a way to get over my gate/laundry basket blockade and flood the bathroom while I was doing some laundry. (BTW, anyone who tells you that autistic children are somehow mentally inferior to neuro-typical children is an idiot who is blissfully ignorant of the truth. Let him or her try living with an autistic child for a week and they will quickly discover how smart and resourceful they are.)

Since this is the second full flooding and probably the fourth or fifth time he has come close to it, I will have to replace the sink cabinet. It is showing signs of damage, especially around the bottom. So that's going to be around $200/$250 from start to finish.

On a bright note, however, I bought locks to install on the outside of the bathroom doors to prevent Peter from gaining access without help. Now we'll see how long it takes for him to figure out a way around commercial locks :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's 3D CT Scan

Moving to WordPress